Usually Arrives in Store in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Peter Rabbit series.
- #1: The Tale of Peter Rabbit (Hardcover): $7.99
- #2: The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin (Peter Rabbit #2) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #3: The Tailor of Gloucester (Peter Rabbit #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #4: The Tale of Benjamin Bunny (Peter Rabbit #4) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #6: The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle (Peter Rabbit #6) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #7: The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher (Peter Rabbit #7) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #8: The Tale of Tom Kitten (Peter Rabbit #8) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #9: The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck (Peter Rabbit #9) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #10: The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies (Peter Rabbit #10) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #11: The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse (Peter Rabbit #11) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #12: The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes (Peter Rabbit #12) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #13: The Tale of Johnny Town-mouse (Peter Rabbit #13) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #14: The Tale of Mr. Tod (Peter Rabbit #14) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #15: The Tale of Pigling Bland (Peter Rabbit #15) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #16: The Tale of Samuel Whiskers (Peter Rabbit #16) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #17: The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan (Peter Rabbit #17) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #18: The Tale of Ginger and Pickles (Peter Rabbit #18) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #19: The Tale of Little Pig Robinson (Peter Rabbit #19) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #20: The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit (Peter Rabbit #20) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #21: The Story of Miss Moppet (Peter Rabbit #21) (Hardcover): $6.99
- #22: Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes (Peter Rabbit #22) (Hardcover): $7.99
- #23: Cecily Parsley's Nursery Rhymes (Peter Rabbit #23) (Hardcover): $6.99
To celebrate Peter's birthday, Frederick Warne is publishing new editions of all 23 of Potter's original tales, which take the very first printings of Potter's works as their guide. The aim of these editions is to be as close as possible to Beatrix Potter's intentions while benefiting from modern printing and design techniques.
The colors and details of the watercolors in the volumes are reproduced more accurately than ever before, and it has now been possible to disguise damage that has affected the artwork over the years. Most notably, The Tale of Peter Rabbit restores six of Potter's original illustrations. Four were sacrificed in 1903 to make space for illustrated endpapers, and two have never been used before.Of course, Beatrix Potter created many memorable children's characters, including Benjamin Bunny, Tom Kitten, Jemima Puddle-duck and Jeremy Fisher. But whatever the tale, both children and adults alike can be delighted by the artistry in Potter's illustrations, while they also enjoy a very good read. Because they have always been completely true to a child's experience, Potter's 23 books continue to endure.
About the Author
Beatrix Potter loved the countryside and spent much of her childhood drawing and studying animals. The Tale of Peter Rabbit¸ published in 1902, was her first book, expanded from an illustrated letter she had sent to a young friend. Beatrix Potter went on to publish more than 20 tales and collections of rhymes.