Usually Arrives in Store in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Charlie Mack Motown Mystery series.
- #1: Bury Me When I'm Dead (Charlie Mack Motown Mystery #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Wake Me When It's Over (Charlie Mack Motown Mystery #2) (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: Catch Me When I'm Falling (Charlie Mack Motown Mystery #3) (Paperback): $16.95
- #4: Judge Me When I'm Wrong (Charlie Mack Motown Mystery #4) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: Warn Me When It's Time (Charlie Mack Motown Mystery #6) (Paperback): $16.95
When Charlie Mack is hired by her ex-husband's new wife Pamela, things get awkward quickly. Her ex, Franklin, has been charged with his brother-in-law's murder. Charlie and Pamela both believe he didn't do it, but he's gone into hiding for some reason neither of them understands. To the police, it adds up to easy guilt, but to Charlie, it indicates that Franklin has stumbled onto something that likely comes with life-threatening complications. Charlie wants proof the case doesn't involve a double-cross, and when the Mack Investigations team throws all their assets at the case, Charlie's girlfriend, Mandy begins to worry that Charlie's all-out efforts to find Franklin might be driven by lingering romantic feelings. In the end, everyone involved must figure out which loyalties run deeper than love.
About the Author
A Detroit native, Cheryl A. Head now lives on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. She has shortlisted for both Next Generation Indie Book Awards and the Lambda Literary Award in Lesbian Mystery and her work has been included in the Detroit Public Library's African American Booklist. In 2019, she was inducted into the Saints & Sinners LGBT Literary Festival Hall of Fame. She serves as the Director of Inclusion for the Golden Crown Literary Society.