Skill Sharpeners: Grammar & Punctuation, Grade 5 Workbook (Paperback)
Help children improve their writing while learning important grammar and punctuation rules This colorful activity book makes language skill practice fun
Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation provides visually engaging reading selections, activities, and word games that will motivate your child to practice and learn essential grammar and punctuation skills. Plus, a Language Handbook provides you with a quick reference of the concepts covered.
The activity book is organized into 15 theme-based units around topics that fifth graders enjoy, such as sports, science, and outdoors.
Each unit focuses on a grammar concept and punctuation concept, and includes:
- A reading selection: A short fiction or nonfiction text engages children and presents the concept or skill in context.
- Rule boxes: Grammar and punctuation rules are made simple with a short explanation, and clear examples help to teach the skill.
- Colorful practice activities: A variety of activities include fun illustrations to motivate your child to practice the grammar and punctuation skills.
- Riddles and word games: Your child will use critical thinking skills while applying the targeted grammar or punctuation skill in a fun format
- Writing practice: The "Write It Right " page encourages your child to use the skills in context, which further promotes understanding.
- Review page: The short review activity is a great way to check your child's understanding.
The grammar concepts for grade 5 include:
- Singular and plural nouns
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Singular pronouns
- Verb tenses
- Subject-verb agreement
- Sentence fragments
- Subordinating conjunctions
Punctuation concepts for grade 5 include:
- End punctuation
- Use of commas
- Use of quotation marks
- Use of semicolons
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide The Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching important language rules
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for helping children learn grammar and punctuation rules
- Extension activities that include graphic organizers, additional writing activities, and hands-on learning
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.