Moon New England Road Trip: Seaside Spots, Majestic Mountains & Fall Foliage, Cozy Getaways (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Multiple Routes: Choose from flexible road trips like a fall foliage tour, getaways from the cities, or the ultimate two-week route through all of New England
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, eateries, and more, you can trek among spruce trees in the White Mountains, cycle through Acadia National Park, or cruise down bucolic lanes of Woodstock. Take to the sea and spot humpback whales and puffin colonies, shop for wood-fired maple syrup, or snag a buttery lobster roll after a day at the beach. Dive into Boston's revolutionary history, sample farm-fresh produce in the Berkshires, party in Providence, or sip your way through some of the area's best microbreweries
- Maps and driving tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions, and full-color photos throughout
- Local Expertise: Lifelong New Englander and road warrior Miles Howard shares the local secrets of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip! Spending more time in the city? Check out Moon Boston.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Since then, he's covered New England travel with an eye for the peculiar and sublime—including charting the most beautiful trails of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont—and the best breweries—for his first travel guide, Moon New England Hiking. He traveled from Pittsfield to Provincetown using only municipal transportation and wrote about the adventure for Boston Magazine. He’s also written for Boston Magazine, The Boston Globe, Southwest Airlines: The Magazine, and others.