On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Classics Illustrated series.
- #1: The War of the Worlds (Classics Illustrated #1) (Paperback): $9.95
- #12: Classics Illustrated #12: The Island of Dr. Moreau (Hardcover): $9.99
- #14: The Time Machine (Classics Illustrated #14) (Paperback): $9.95
- #18: The Invisible Man (Classics Illustrated #18) (Paperback): $9.95
- #41: The First Men in the Moon (Classics Illustrated #41) (Paperback): $9.95
- #58: The Food of the Gods (Classics Illustrated #58) (Paperback): $9.95
Wells's classic tale tells the story of the unnamed time traveller, who travels thousands of years into the future, where he encounters the strange, child-like people, the Eloi, and the terrifying underground race, the Morlocks. Classics Illustrated tells this wonderful tale in colourful comic strip form, offering an excellent introduction for younger readers. This edition also includes a biography of H. G. Wells, theme discussions and study questions, which can be used both in the classroom or at home to further engage the reader in the story. The Classics Illustrated comic book series began in 1941 with its first issue, Alexandre Dumas's The Three Musketeers, and has since included over 200 classic tales released around the world. This new Vintage Replica hardback edition is part of a continuing effort to make Classics Illustrated available to all, be they young readers just beginning their journeys into the great world of classic literature, or collectors who have fond memories of this much loved comic book series.