On Our Shelves Now
To commemorate 125 years of Ole Miss football history, the Nautilus Publishing Company has published Stories from 125 Years of Ole Miss Football, a collection of stories and photographs that don’t fit the typical “sports book” model.
Editor and Publisher, NEIL WHITE, said, “We didn’t want to re-package the same stories that have been repeated through the years. Every interview began with a simple question: Tell us a story most people don’t know about.”
White and his team of contributors — including Rick Cleveland, Billy Watkins, Robert Khayat, Jeff Roberson — interviewed more than 100 former players and coaches, as well as children, grandchildren, and widows of former Rebels. Some of the stories uncovered by the contributors include:
• The 1907 coach who got players drunk at halftime
• The season Archie Manning intercepted four passes
• The former Ole Miss player who was banned from the NFL . . . for life!
In addition to exposing hundreds of new Ole Miss football tales, the book includes an appendix with Top Ten lists, including:
• The ten best and worst Ole Miss teams
• The ten greatest victories of all time
• The ten greatest Ole Miss NFL players
About the Author
Neil White is the creative director and publisher at The Nautilus Publishing Company. He is the editor of Robert Khayat's The Education of a Lifetime and the coffee-table book Mississippians. His is also author of In the Sanctuary of Outcasts.