Email or call for price.
When technology fulfills every dream, reality is a nightmare.
Below the streets of New State, the Grounders fight to remain free of the technological control of the world above. When dusk falls, Wren risks her life by entering the capital city as a raider to secure resources for the rebellion. Each step further inside puts her life in jeopardy from New State's deadliest weapons - Phantoms. More machine than human, tortured until devoid of emotion and caring, Phantoms have only one objective. Kill. And they do it with exacting precision.
Wren is good at her job as a raider and committed to the cause until she meets Codex, a New State citizen who doesn't quite fit her preconceived expectations. After a couple of awkward encounters, he shows her the meaning of hooking up-a computer simulation that allows people to live out their fantasies-without the complication of emotional entanglements or physical reality. But what Wren feels for Codex is very real. And it's punishable by death.
As she and Codex grow closer, Wren convinces him to leave New State for the underground. But unrest between New State and the Grounders escalates, and Phantoms move in to destroy her world. Nothing goes as Wren planned. Families are arrested, loyalties are strained, and Wren's forced to choose between her people and her feelings. The wrong choice could mean the end of her people, and reality could slip away-forever...
- ★★★★★ Science Fiction, Romance, and Lots of Action - Remote is one of those books that just hooks you from the first page... - Voracious Reader
- ★★★★★ Enjoyable & Innovative Novel - Enjoyable Sci-Fi Romance that I highly recommend....5 stars. Overall, novel was well-paced, characters are well-developed, and story is detailed but not too verbose. Although the relationship that emerges between Codey] and Wren] is predictable, it did not feel forced or rushed. - Janine
- ★★★★★ Remote is quite the page turner - A unique and intriguing blend of science fiction and adventure that really engages the reader and makes one think long after the last page. This book is in the YA genre but will appeal to readers of all ages - there's honestly someting for everyone. It also is poised for further installments and here's hoping we can delve into this thrilling world soon again. - Frank T
Remote is about a world divided by technology. Those who live in New State are controlled by it and those who live underground rebel against it.Grab your copy today Free with Kindle Unlimited.
Thank you for your interest in our book. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we have enjoyed presenting it. - Digital Fiction
- Website: DigitalFictionPub.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/digitalfictionpub
- Twitter: @DigitalFicPub