For years customers have urged us to create a signed-first edition book club for non-fiction books similar to our fiction Signed Firsts offering. Now we’ve done it.
A subscription will consist of ten books throughout the year, each shipped once the author has visited Square Books (or, in some cases, upon publication). Selections will consist primarily of history works, with an occasional memoir, biography, or science, nature, or essay book in the mix. Such a selection in early 2017 might have included the following:
- Ice Ghosts: The Epic Hunt for the Lost Franklin Expedition by Paul Watson
- City of Light, City of Poison: Murder, Magic, and the First Police Chief of Paris by Holly Tucker
- The Potlikker Papers: A Food History of the Modern South by John T. Edge
- The Road to Camelot by Curtis Wilkie and Thomas Oliphant
- Between Them by Richard Ford
- Thunder in the Mountains: Chief Joseph, Oliver Howard and the Nez Perce War by Daniel Sharfstein
As an introductory offer to anyone signing up prior to January 1, 2018, we will send at no cost any one of the above signed first edition books along with your initial selection.
The first two selections are as follows:
August – Hue 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam ($30.00, Atlantic Monthly Press) by Mark Bowden, author of Black Hawk Down.
September – The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love, Loss, and American Royalty in the Nation’s Largest Home ($28.00, Simon & Schuster, on the Biltmore and the Gilded Age) by Denise Kiernan, author of The Girls of Atomic City.
An excellent way to build a library, make a gift, or enjoy great reading. Contact Slade Lewis for further information and to sign up by calling 662-236-2262 or emailing email@example.com.